Coverart for item
The Resource ALMA, Tawak Pictures presents ; director and producer, Patrick Rouxel, (videorecording)

ALMA, Tawak Pictures presents ; director and producer, Patrick Rouxel, (videorecording)

Label
ALMA
Title
ALMA
Statement of responsibility
Tawak Pictures presents ; director and producer, Patrick Rouxel
Title variation
ALMA
Contributor
Director
Producer
Subject
Summary
The driving force behind the destruction of the Amazon rainforest is the expansion of grazing land for cattle. Cattle grazing is responsible for 80% of Brazilian Amazon deforestation; whilst agriculture, mining, and infrastructures are responsible for the remaining 20%. Brazil has been the world's largest beef exporter since 2003 and is also the leading world producer and exporter of raw leather hides. Beef and leather consumption are transforming the Amazon into a sad and deadly place. The forest and its soul are to be replaced by daily suffering and slaughter. ALMA, the soul, is about the spirit of the Amazon, the pain it endures, and the plight of its victims, ALMA is a cry from the heart, a call to stop our frantic consumerism
Cataloging source
RID
Characteristic
videorecording
Dewey number
333.75137
Language note
No narration
LC call number
SD418.3.B6
LC item number
A46 2010
http://library.link/vocab/relatedWorkOrContributorName
Rouxel, Patrick
Runtime
65
http://library.link/vocab/subjectName
  • Deforestation
  • Deforestation
  • Deforestation
  • Deforestation
  • Ranching
  • Ranching
  • Land use
  • Land use
  • Rain forests
  • Rain forests
Technique
live action
Label
ALMA, Tawak Pictures presents ; director and producer, Patrick Rouxel, (videorecording)
Link
http://www.almathefilm.com/
Instantiates
Publication
Note
  • This disc may not play on all machines or drives
  • Originally produced in 2010
  • Bonus feature: Further information in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese [text feature]
Color
multicolored
Configuration of playback channels
unknown
Dimensions
4 3/4 in.
Dimensions
other
Extent
1 videodisc (65 min.)
Medium for sound
videodisc
Other control number
609224857195
Other physical details
sd., col.
Sound on medium or separate
sound on medium
Specific material designation
videodisc
System control number
  • ocn805596738
  • (OCoLC)805596738
System details
DVD-R, NTSC, all regions
Terms governing use
"ALMA is copyright free for all free public screenings"--Container.
Video recording format
DVD
Label
ALMA, Tawak Pictures presents ; director and producer, Patrick Rouxel, (videorecording)
Link
http://www.almathefilm.com/
Publication
Note
  • This disc may not play on all machines or drives
  • Originally produced in 2010
  • Bonus feature: Further information in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese [text feature]
Color
multicolored
Configuration of playback channels
unknown
Dimensions
4 3/4 in.
Dimensions
other
Extent
1 videodisc (65 min.)
Medium for sound
videodisc
Other control number
609224857195
Other physical details
sd., col.
Sound on medium or separate
sound on medium
Specific material designation
videodisc
System control number
  • ocn805596738
  • (OCoLC)805596738
System details
DVD-R, NTSC, all regions
Terms governing use
"ALMA is copyright free for all free public screenings"--Container.
Video recording format
DVD

Library Locations

    • Vancouver Public Library - Central Branch Borrow it
      350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 6B1, CA
      49.280188 -123.114755
Processing Feedback ...